Federal Work Study
Work study positions are available both on and off campus. Students earn money to help pay college costs by performing job responsibilities that are relevant to their academic programs. Students work while they are enrolled and attending the college. Community service work as a reading tutor in local schools is encouraged for those whose academic schedules allow.
If you are interested in applying for the WCCC Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program, please familiarize yourself with the information contained in this document and follow the steps outlined:
- Federal Work Study applications, together with a list of available positions, are emailed each semester to your student email. The hourly rate of pay for all jobs is $7.50 and returning students are $8.00 per hour.
- Contact the supervisors on or after school begins to schedule interviews. Job descriptions and qualifications for all positions are on file with the Financial Aid Office.
- Supervisors will begin the interview process during the first two weeks of school and will continue until all positions are filled. Positions may open at any time during the school year.
- If you are interested in any of the jobs listed, you must take responsibility for contacting the supervisor of each position. Students who do not meet the minimum job qualifications will be interviewed at the discretion of the supervisor.
- Once hired, student employees will be required to sign FWS contracts with the Financial Aid Office (Ext. 1033), complete payroll forms with the Payroll Office (Ext. 1024), and submit biweekly time sheets to their supervisors. After verifying the hours worked, supervisors will sign the time sheets and students will submit them to the Payroll Office for processing.
- The payroll is completed every two weeks. FWS students are encouraged to receive their pay via direct deposit. Students may pick up their direct deposit stubs from Robyn in the Payroll Office. If a student prefers to receive a check, it will be mailed to them. There is usually a one-week delay of paychecks for employees being placed on the payroll for the first time.
If you have any questions regarding this process or the FWS Program, please contact Linda Winchester 454-1033 or firstname.lastname@example.org