Associate in Science - 65 Credit Hours
Purpose: The Associate in Science in Healthcare Administration empowers graduates with fundamental courses that create both a solid foundation for entry-level employment as a health care manager or supervisor and the structure to grow and transfer to a Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Administration.
Career Opportunities: Career opportunities include Healthcare Managers in hospitals, nursing homes and medical offices. As stated by the Bureau of Labor Statistics, “Employment of medical and health services managers is expected to grow by 22 percent from 2010 to 2020, faster than the average for all occupations. As the large baby-boom population ages and people remain active later in life, the healthcare industry as a whole will see an increase in the demand for medical services. Managers will be needed to organize and manage medical information and healthcare staffs in all areas of the industry.”
Program Educational Outcomes: This program integrates general education courses with courses specific to healthcare administration, to prepare you for the following competencies:
- Technical Skills (financial, operations, information resources and analytic skills)
- Industry Knowledge (Clinical processes, Types of Healthcare institutions, Healthcare Management)
- Successfully meet the demands of supervisory and management positions
- Integrate management, financial, human resource and ethical concepts as they apply to healthcare management.
- Understand the conceptual framework for the provision of health services