Program Effectiveness Data
The Progress of the Medical Assisting Program
Washington County Community College is accredited by the Commission on Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). Every year ongoing and annual activities are monitored by surveys and an annual report. Accredited programs are monitored and must meet the following thresholds:
- Student Retention rate of 60 percent
- Job Placement of students placed in medical assisting or related field with a rate of 60 percent
- Graduate Survey Participation of 30 percent of all graduates and Graduate Survey Satisfaction of 80 percent of returned surveys
- Employer Survey Participation of all graduates placed in medical assisting or related field of 30 percent
- Employer Survey Satisfaction of returned surveys at 80 percent
- Credential Exams Participation of all graduates at 30 percent and
- Credentialing Exams Passage Rate of all the students who graduated within the specific year who took the exam at 60 percent
Survey Results 2012 – 2016:
|Graduate Participation||Graduate Satisfaction with the Program||Employer Satisfaction with WCCC students||The Rate at which WCCC students pass the Certification Exam|
|Average over the 5 years.||60.47%||100.00%||100.00%||90.91%|
WCCC’s medical assisting retention is above the national average for a two-year community college. As the aforementioned table displays graduates/students are extremely satisfied with the rigorous program, small classes, and meeting individual student needs. The table also shows that our employers are exceptionally satisfied. WCCC graduates have an excellent track record in passing the national exam.
MAREB is a Committee on Accreditation (CoA) of the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP). MAERB is an autonomous unit within the American Association of Medical Assistants Endowment (AAMAE). The American Association of Medical Assistants (AAMA) is a sponsoring organization of MAERB.
Program Contact: Darin L McGaw, MEd. Interim Program Director, 207-454-1003, firstname.lastname@example.org