Entrepreneurship (Available Fully Online)
Program Information & Course List
Purpose: With over 95 percent of Maine’s businesses being considered small, the enterprise and entrepreneurship certificate will prepare and support all new venture and presently industrialized businesses. This certificate will prepare the entrepreneur in dealing with lending institutions, employer/employee laws, maintaining their own payroll, accounts receivable/payable, and marketing skills.
Career Opportunities: This certificate will prepare and support a workforce of small business to be self-reliant by providing them with the skills in managing and operating their businesses and helping them to pursue their endeavors.
Program Educational Outcomes: Upon completion of the associate in applied science degree, the graduate is prepared to:
- Develop an understanding of the entrepreneurship and the entrepreneurial process.
- Develop an understanding of the entrepreneurship and new venture creation in economic development.
- Evaluate the necessary qualities and characteristics of the successful entrepreneurial profile.
- Develop a basic Small Business Plan.
- Understand the interrelationships between the elements of business management and entrepreneurial undertaking.
Business Studies Instructor