Financial Empowerment 101: Your money, YOUR future.
FINANCIAL EMPOWERMENT 101:
YOUR MONEY, YOUR FUTURE.
BEGINS JANUARY 13TH!
All learning opportunities are available to you, for FREE!
Financial Empowerment 101 is an accredited 11-week virtual asynchronous course (and a 10-week workshop series opportunity) that provides personal finance know-how from mapping dreams to goals to learning the basics of retirement accounts…and everything in between! Each session will be led by Maine Finance Industry experts and financial coaching will be available throughout the series. Over the 10 weeks of online, asynchronous workshops, participants will work through exploring personal finance basics and developing a financial empowerment portfolio, leading up to a completed portfolio and presentation as the final project in Week 11! Community members across Maine will be able to select and audit sessions of their choice, providing an inclusive, flexible, and dynamic learning environment for all.
Completion of the entire series and a final portfolio project results in 3 credits and Financial Education Digital Badge (also known as micro-credentials) – all available for FREE!
Each individual session is also open to current or aspiring entrepreneurs and community members also at no cost. Individuals can choose any one session, or multiple sessions, to attend. This creates a rich learning environment—joining students with the local community!
SELECT THE LEARNING EXPERIENCE THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU!
Option 1 and Option 2 are listed below.
EARN 3 COLLEGE CREDITS FOR FREE
Completion of the 11-week course, homework assignments, and a final portfolio presentation assignment resulting in 3 college credits!
Registration for college credit will require the submission of 2 secure online forms. The required forms should take approximately 2 minutes each to complete and once they are submitted, we will get to work setting you up in the course, add you to calendar invites, and ensure that you receive the course syllabus and materials.
BOTH OF THE FOLLOWING FORMS ARE REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ENROLL IN OPTION 1 (COLLEGE CREDIT):
UPON COMPLETION OF THE 11-WEEK COURSE, PARTICIPANTS RECEIVING COLLEGE CREDIT WILL BE ABLE TO…
- Demonstrate an understanding of their current financial picture
- Create personal finance S.M.A.R.T. goals
- Demonstrate an understanding of savings strategies and create a savings plan
- Demonstrate income and expense tracking skills (cash flow management)
- Understand the story behind their credit score and how to read their credit report
- Identify and compare financial services and products that will be beneficial to them
- Understand the importance of opening checking and savings accounts
- Understand their current debt-to-income and create a management plan
- Identify ways they can protect themselves and their assets
- Map a feasible and individual path to a financially secure future
- Engage with financial coaches to refine their financial empowerment portfolio
- Effectively summarize their financial empowerment portfolio through a 3-5 minute presentation
- Utilize financial support networks
SELECT UP TO 10 WORKSHOPS
Each individual session, across this program, is open to ALL, also at no cost. Individuals can choose any one session, or multiple sessions, to attend. This creates a rich learning environment—joining students with the local community.
To register for workshops you wish to attend, click here to complete MaineStreet Business Building’s
All workshops will be facilitated by Denise Cilley, Entrepreneurship Program & MaineStreet Business Building Director:
Please contact Denise
firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 620-2192
Financial Empowerment 101: Your Money, YOUR Future was made possible by our generous funders!