MAINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE SYSTEM – NEWS RELEASE
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:Wednesday, April 29, 2020
CONTACT: Noel K. Gallagher
Director of Communications and Public Affairs
firstname.lastname@example.org; (207) 629-4028
MAINE COMMUNITY COLLEGE STUDENTS NAMED TO ALL-MAINE ACADEMIC TEAM
AUGUSTA, ME – Seventeen Maine community college students have been named to the All-Maine Academic Team in recognition of their outstanding academic achievement, leadership, and service.
The students receiving the award and a $500 scholarship from the MCCS Board of Trustees, are:
- Kate McPherson, Litchfield, Central Maine Community College in Auburn
- Steven Ouellette, Auburn, Central Maine Community College;
- Joshua Gagnon, Poland, Central Maine Community College;
- Leon Twitchell, Bryant Pond, Central Maine Community College;
- Kateryna Bagrii, Levant, Eastern Maine Community College; Bangor;
- Alexandra Fairbrook, Old Town, Eastern Maine Community College;
- Amanda Diaz, Hudson, Eastern Maine Community College;
- Anisa Stowe, Jefferson, Kennebec Valley Community College in Fairfield/Hinckley;
- Allison Basye, Fort Fairfield, Northern Maine Community College in Presque Isle;
- Brooke Weatherhead, Caribou, Northern Maine Community College;
- Justin Barry, Houlton, Northern Maine Community College;
- Juan C. Gonzalez, Scarborough, Southern Maine Community College in South Portland/Brunswick;
- Kiarra Richards, Weld, Southern Maine Community College;
- Emily Bosley, Marshfield, Washington County Community College in Calais;
- Sara Leeman, Baileyville, Washington County Community College;
- Emilie Landry, Berwick, York County Community College in Wells and
- Melissa Pitt, East Kingston, York County Community College.
In addition, Emilie Landry (YCCC) and Justin Barry (NMCC) have been named Maine New Century Scholars for earning the highest scores in the state on their All-USA Academic Team applications.
Landry has been named the 2020 Maine New Century Transfer Pathway Scholar. She will receive a $2,250 scholarship.
Barry is the 2020 Maine New Century Workforce Pathway Scholar. He will receive a $1,250 scholarship.
The New Century Pathway Scholarship program is sponsored by The Coca-Cola Foundation, The Coca-Cola Scholars Foundation, the American Association of Community Colleges, and Phi Theta Kappa. Only one New Century Transfer and Workforce Scholar is selected from each state.
The All-Maine Academic Team is a program of Phi Theta Kappa, an international honor society for two-year colleges. Students are nominated and selected for the team by their college.