What a wonderful event! WCCC’s Culinary & Baking students and the WCCC Library teamed up for the first Edible Book Creations event. Everyone was welcome to come sample some of the delicious creations and vote on their favorite. A big thank you and round of applause to Diane Parsloe, Culinary & Baking Instructor for her Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs cake, and the culinary arts students for their awesome display of cakes.
Here is the list of students and the books/characters their cakes were based on:
1. Paul – Minnie Mouse ( from Walt Disney’s Classic Storybook)
2. Mikayla – Panda and Polar Bear
3. Nicholas – Green Eggs & Ham
4. Arcilia – Ladybug (from Some Bugs)
5. Dan – Apples (from Jonny Appleseed)
6. Siobhan – Maisy Goes Swimming
7. Eben – The Ultimate Baseball Book
8. Vince – Winnie the Pooh 1-2-3
9. Ashly – Cat Talk
10. Caleb – If you give a Mouse a Cookie
Everyone said it was very difficult to vote, as all the cakes were really AWESOME! After counting a total of 74 votes, the winner of the $25 bookstore voucher goes to.
Congratulations to Paul Francis! Minnie was the winner!