PARTNERS IN ENTREPRENEURIAL PATHWAYS
1.0 – VENTURE EXPLORATION
BEGINS SEPTEMBER 14TH!
This program is an accredited 10-week virtual asynchronous start-up incubator course covering the nuts and bolts of small business building blocks. Each session is led by a different guest lecturer who is a subject matter expert in the field. Completion of the entire series and a final project assignment results in 3 credits and Entrepreneurship Digital Badges – and is available for FREE!
Each individual session is also open to current or aspiring entrepreneurs and community members also at no cost. Individuals can choose any one session, or multiple sessions, to attend. This creates a rich learning environment—joining students with the local community!
SELECT THE OPTION THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU!
Option 1 and Option 2 are listed below.
EARN 3 COLLEGE CREDITS FOR FREE
Completion of the 10-week course, homework assignments, and a final project assignment result in 3 college credits!
Registration for college credit will require the submission of 2 secure online forms. The required forms should take approximately 2 minutes each to complete and once they are submitted, we will get to work setting you up in the course, add you to calendar invites, and ensure that you receive the course syllabus and materials.
BOTH OF THE FOLLOWING FORMS ARE REQUIRED IN ORDER TO ENROLL IN OPTION 1 (COLLEGE CREDIT):
UPON COMPLETION OF THE 10-WEEK COURSE, PARTICIPANTS RECEIVING COLLEGE CREDIT WILL BE ABLE TO…
- Demonstrate an understanding of what self-employment entails and utilize that information to make informed decisions.
- Identify the reasoning behind choice of business venture.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what components make up a business plan.
- Demonstrate an understanding of what free business supports for business plans and start-up assistance are available.
- Identify the mission and vision of their business venture.
- Determine what products/services their business will sell.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the legal structure and tax obligations for their venture.
- Demonstrates an understanding about the management strategies that best suit their venture.
- Perform market research and create a marketing plan for their business.
- Engage with practicing entrepreneurs to gain insight into the small business landscape.
- Accurately define what is needed to finance their business venture.
- Identify their business venture’s financial position at start-up, and at one-year.
- Effectively summarize their business venture through completion of an Executive Summary.
- Engage with business advisors’ feedback, to complete business plan.
- Utilize business support networks for business development assistance.
SELECT WEEKLY WORKSHOPS
Each individual session, across this program, is open to ALL, also at no cost. Individuals can choose any one session, or multiple sessions, to attend. This creates a rich learning environment—joining students with the local community.
To register for workshops you wish to attend, click here complete MaineStreet Business Building’s
All workshops will be facilitated by Katie Bragg, Entrepreneurship Program & MaineStreet Business Building Manager:
PLEASE CONTACT KATIE
firstname.lastname@example.org or (207) 259-0053
OUR GENEROUS SUPPORTERS
MAKE PARTNERS IN ENTREPRENEURIAL PATHWAYS POSSIBLE!