Business of Maine’s Forest Products Sector
THE BUSINESS OF MAINE’S FOREST PRODUCTS SECTOR COURSE
BEGINS NOVEMBER 21!
Weekly classes will take place Tuesdays, 2-5 pm and can be accessed live or at your convenience.
This program is an accredited 10-week virtual asynchronous course leveraging strong industry and workforce partnerships that bring available opportunities, job support resources, and education, to participants. Each session is led by a different guest lecturer who is a subject matter expert in the field. Completion of the entire series and a final project assignment result in 3 credits and Forest Products Sector Digital Badges – and is available for FREE!
Each individual session is also open to anyone with an interest in the field, as well as students, entrepreneurs and community members, also at no cost. Individuals can choose any one session, or multiple sessions, to attend. The course will provide participants with:
- An understanding of opportunities across the industry
- Direct contact with industry professionals
- Lectures from subject matter experts across the industry
- Knowledge to enter the field to begin their own career journey
SELECT THE OPTION THAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU!
Option 1 and Option 2 are listed below.
EARN 3 COLLEGE CREDITS FOR FREE
Completion of the 10-week course, homework assignments, and a final project assignment result in 3 college credits!
Registration for college credit will require the submission of 2 secure online forms. The required forms should take approximately 2 minutes each to complete and once they are submitted, we will get to work setting you up in the course, add you to calendar invites, and ensure that you receive the course syllabus and materials.
BOTH OF THE FOLLOWING FORMS ARE REQUIRED TO
ENROLL IN OPTION 1 (COLLEGE CREDIT):
SELECT WEEKLY WORKSHOPS
Each individual session, across this program, is open to ALL, also at no cost. Individuals can choose any one session, or multiple sessions, to attend. This creates a rich learning environment—joining students with the local community.
To register for workshops you wish to attend, click here complete Sunrise County Economic Council’s
FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE IS AVAILABLE!
Learners may receive up to $500 each to enable access to this course (for internet, childcare costs, etc.). To access barrier removal assistance funds, please indicate your need within the program registration form.
ESTE CURSO ESTÁ DISPONIBLE EN ESPAÑOL.
INDIVIDUALS ARE CONSIDERED AT A SECONDARY LEVEL OF EMPLOYMENT AFTER COMPLETING THE COURSE!
UPON COMPLETION, PARTICIPANTS WILL BE ABLE TO:
- Certify a base knowledge of how forest products are marketed, bought, and sold throughout the supply chain.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of how wood, fiber, pulp, paper, and paperboard products are grown, harvested, processed, and shipped domestically and globally to customers.
- Understand and apply knowledge concerning the history, safety, conservation, and stewardship that exists throughout the industry.
- Identify a broad range of workforce opportunities in the industry.
- Explore an entrepreneurial approach to solving current and future industry challenges.
MAINE’S FOREST PRODUCTS INDUSTRY VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR: MEET THE EMPLOYERS
PLEASE CONTACT DENISE
email@example.com or (207) 259-5103
OUR GENEROUS SUPPORTERS MAKE OUR COLLABORATIVE MAINE FOREST PRODUCTS SECTOR COURSE POSSIBLE!
This WCCC course is generously funded through a private trust grant. Barrier removal assistance is thoughtfully provided through a Maine Department of Labor and State Workforce Board Industry Partnership grant.