Rock Climbing Wall
Experience the excitement and fun of the rock climbing wall all year round! So, you’ve never climbed before? That’s OK! We’ll show you the ropes and help you learn the techniques for moving over stone safely and efficiently. The OAC rock climbing wall features challenges for climbers of all ability levels as well as clinics and competitions to help you grow as a climber or just have fun with your friends. Follow us on Facebook to keep up to date with announcements regarding programs, hours, and cancellations.
Closed until further notice.
Note that the climbing wall and rental center are closed whenever WCCC is closed due to holidays, breaks, or weather conditions. Notices will be posted on out Facebook page.
***All participants must have liability releases signed. Minors – legal guardian must sign release before any climbing happens***
(liability releases are active for entire academic school year)
Features of the Rock Climbing Wall:
- 22 feet tall, 64 feet wide, and over 1,200 sq ft
- 5 top ropes and 1 auto belay
- Dimensional climbing features
- Traversing, and boulder problems
- Harnesses, climbing shoes, and equipment available
- Available for rental by groups and organizations
- Lead climbing capabilities (coming soon!)
Climbing Wall Prices
|Including all gear |
(harness, shoes, etc.)
|If you own your
(4+ members in family)
|WCCC Students |
(w/ College ID)
(up to 2 adults + 2 children)
Private parties (birthdays, company events, trainings, etc.)
Email email@example.com for quotes on discounted field trips for educational institutions.
Up to 10 participants $ 95
11 to 15 participants $ 125
16 to 20 participants $ 160
21 or more Call for pricing
Reservations must be requested at least 7 days prior to the event.
We provide a 5:1 climber to staff ratio, all equipment, tables and chairs.
Birthday Parties are usually available on Saturdays from 8am until 3 pm in 2 hour time slots. (8-10am; 10:30-12:30pm; 1-3pm)
Call or email to request a private 1 hour or more instructional (introduction to rock climbing session)
Check our Calendar below for availability and then Request a Party.
Hours of Operation
Open/Public Climb Nights:
**Closed at this Time**
Note that the rock climbing wall and rental center are closed whenever WCCC is closed, and for the foreseeable future.
Birthday Parties: Saturdays from 8am until 3 pm. 2 hour time slots
Terms and Conditions
- Dates and times requested during registration are not guaranteed. You will receive a follow-up confirmation email from the OAC staff that will confirm availability of the date and time requested.
- All climbers under the age of 18 must have the liability release signed by their parent or legal guardian when they arrive at the climbing wall.
- Registration is not valid until you have successfully completed the entire process including payment and have received a printable confirmation page and an email confirmation.
- All payments must be received in full five business days prior to your rental.
- Refunds may be issued (less credit card transaction fee) if a cancellation is made in writing at least 2 days prior to reservation date. No refund will be given to cancellations less than 2 days prior to reservation date. “No-shows” will be charged full price.
- NOTE – All adventure activities involve some risk. There is always the possibility of injury or death. All rentals and WCCC Outdoor Adventure Center activities/courses (including the WCCC Climbing Wall and Challenge Course) require participants to sign a liability release BUT all participants should assume some risk for participating in the adventure.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Who can climb the Climbing wall?
Anyone from the community or school who can fit in a harness is able to climb the climbing wall.
- What is the cost to climb at WCCC?
Climbing is free for WCCC students, staff and faculty including their immediate family. It is $8 for a member of the public that needs to borrow gear and $5 for a member of the public that brings their own gear. Memberships are also available for the year or for a single semester.
- Is any experience required?
There is no experience necessary, all staff are certified and willing to teach anyone from beginner to advanced. We have routes and sections of each wall that will accommodate a range of abilities.
- What is the age/size minimum permitted to climb?
Children must have a parent or guardian sign a liability release form to climb the rock wall. Young children may climb as long as they fit into all equipment necessary for safety and/or have proper spotting on the bouldering wall.
- Can I rent the climbing wall for a private event?
The Rock Wall is available for events. We host many birthday parties and school events. Rates vary depending on group size and time frame for activity. Check the website (wccc.me.edu/oac) for more information and book a party on the site. You can also call 207-454-1060 for additional questions.